The department respects and values the diverse skills, knowledge and experience that our employees have to offer and their contributions to ensuring that every student can succeed.
In addition to the opportunity to make a difference in our communities, we offer our employees:
- a competitive
- a broad range of leave entitlements, including long service and parental leave
- flexible work options
- a supported
- generous superannuation and salary packaging schemes
financial incentives for teaching in rural and remote locations
- assistance with relocation and transfers to new school communities
- access to professional development and learning opportunities relevant to their career stage and ambitions
- career development through transfer and secondment opportunities.
Public sector employees' working conditions, including pay and entitlements, are governed by a combination of legislation, awards, agreements, directives, policies and guidelines. See the
employee information statement for more information or visit the
Public Service Commission website.