Teacher Learning Centres
The department has launched an exciting initiative to enhance support for preservice, beginning and early-career teachers during their teaching journey through the implementation of the Teacher Learning Centres (TLCs).
TLCs are local coordination centres that provide streamlined on-the-ground support for these teachers wherever they are based by helping them navigate the department’s wide range of professional learning programs and development opportunities.
TLCs will support your transition into the teaching profession by:
- delivering and supporting regional induction conferences
- ensuring you have access to beginning teacher professional development programs
- helping your school match you with a mentor
- offering targeted and ad hoc professional development to help grow your capabilities
- collaborating with the centres for learning and wellbeing (CLaW) to support rural and remote beginning teachers.
To learn more, contact your local TLC.