The department is committed to providing a safe, supportive and disciplined environment for all students, staff and visitors.
As a teacher, you will continue to develop strategies to support and address student behaviour throughout your career. Before you begin a new year, it is important to take time to review the Student Code of Conduct for the school or schools you will be working in and familiarise yourself with the agreed processes and practices.
The following resources and support materials are available to help manage student behaviour.
The department also supports classroom teachers by providing access to qualified specialists including:
- behaviour support staff
- guidance officers and senior guidance officers
- youth support coordinators
- school-based youth health nurses (to all state secondary students)
- school-based police officers
- school-based community education counsellors
- district-based community education counsellors.
See your principal if you wish to access any of these support personnel.