The Department of Education is one of the largest employers in Queensland and offers a diverse range of teaching and non-teaching career and employment opportunities across the state. To learn more about roles that operate in the department view
example role descriptions for teaching and school support roles.
We advertise our vacancies through the Queensland Government
Smart Jobs website.
This includes permanent and temporary:
- school leadership opportunities, including Principal and other classified teaching roles such as Deputy Principal
- corporate services roles in areas such as human resources, information technology, facilities and finance based in Brisbane CBD and regional offices throughout the state
therapy roles in schools
- executive roles in central and regional office work units
- business Manager roles in schools
- some classroom teaching roles (the majority of classroom teaching roles are filled through the statewide applicant pool – visit to Teach Queensland for more information.
Some entry-level vacancies may be advertised on the
Smart Jobs website and other internet job boards. The majority of entry-level roles are schools based and generally advertised on school websites.