A wide variety of professional learning opportunities are available to departmental staff through internal and external providers.
These opportunities support the personal and professional growth of all employees. Information is available on OnePortal for the following employee groups:
- school leaders
- teacher aides
- school support staff
- public servants
- executive leaders.
The department also offers a range of publications and newsletters that provide information on professional development:
- The professional development calendar provides a schedule of events to support individual learning and growth, as well as organisational planning and development.
- OnePortal bulletins often provide information on upcoming professional development events.
- QLearn offers a range of facilitated and self-paced online courses.
Department employees can find information about professional development opportunities on OnePortal by searching for learning and development.
Note: content on this page changes regularly and is linked to communications campaigns.
Restart Teaching program
Been out of the classroom for a while, or moving to Queensland to further your teaching career? Our
Restart Teaching program can give you the skills, knowledge and practice you need to register (or re-register) with the Queensland College of Teachers (QCT). Find out more by visiting the
Returning to teaching page on the Teach Queensland website.
Beginning teacher learning suite
The Beginning teacher learning suite is designed to help preservice, beginning and early-career teachers in Queensland state schools:
- navigate the first years of their teaching journey
- develop their capability, confidence and classroom readiness
- start collecting the evidence they need to move to full registration with the Queensland College of Teachers.
The learning suite aligns to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST) and explores topics essential to quality teaching and best practice in Queensland state schools.
Teachers can kickstart their career with engaging online content and resources related to: Classroom management, Wellbeing, Building relationships, Inclusive education, Curriculum delivery, Performance and development, and OneSchool.
Preservice teachers can access the learning suite while on placement with the department.
For more information, including how to register via QLearn, email
Technologies (ITD) teacher pathway program
The Technologies (ITD) teacher pathway program is designed to support the safety of students and teachers in manual arts classrooms at Queensland state schools.
The program includes:
- accredited training incorporating activities with hand and power tools
- the option to complete a Certificate II in Engineering Pathways
- mentoring, self-guided learning and on-the-job learning activities
- logbook activities
- networking opportunities
- Teacher Relief Scheme (TRS) support.
Register your interest. For more information, email
If you have any questions about the department’s learning programs, please email