A wide variety of professional learning opportunities are available to departmental staff through internal and external suppliers.
These opportunities support the personal and professional growth of all employees. Information is available on OnePortal for the following employee groups:
- school leaders
- teacher aides
- school support staff
- public servants
- executive leaders.
The department also offers a range of publications and newsletters that provide information on professional development.
- The professional development calendar provides a schedule of events to support individual learning and growth, as well as organisational planning and development.
- OnePortal bulletins often provide information on upcoming professional development events.
- QLearn offers a range of facilitated and self-paced online courses.
Department employees can find information about professional development opportunities on OnePortal by searching for learning and development.
Note: content on this page changes regularly and is linked to communications campaigns.
Professional development supply arrangement
Developing the capability of the workforce is critical to success and it is important for schools and corporate units to be able to select and procure high-quality leadership and capability development services. We also know that establishing a supply panel can improve buying power, deliver value for money and simplify the purchasing process.
The professional development (PD) training for staff supply arrangement provides a list of suitably qualified and experienced suppliers (external to the department) to deliver learning and capability development products and services. This process simplifies the purchasing and procuring of products and services as it reduces the extent of the quotation process.
The benefits of using a supply arrangement include:
- significantly reduced administrative effort and paperwork
- established mutually beneficial relationships
- competitive prices have already been negotiated
- terms and conditions that protect you as the purchaser
- the ability to provide feedback on the products and services purchased.
search tool (best accessed via Google Chrome) is available, making it easier for you to connect with professional development suppliers.
If you have any questions about the department’s learning programs, please email