The department manages an asset portfolio worth over $20 billion which includes:
- 1,249 state schools
- 191 secondary schools
- 920 primary schools
- 44 special schools
- 92 combined primary and secondary schools
- 2 specific purpose schools
- more than 35,000 learning spaces and support facilities.
- $1.464 billion has been invested for Queensland state schools
- $233.5 million has been allocated to maintenance. This included:
- $225.71 million for schools
- $2.69 million for Early Childhood Education and Care centres
- $5.08 million for employee housing
- $1.3 billion has been allocated towards progressing the Building Future Schools program
- 8 new schools are being prepared for 2020
- 5 new schools are being prepared for 2021.
This investment will benefit:
- over 560,000 full-time students
- over 53,000 teachers
- over 92,000 departmental employees
- 250 Independent Public Schools.
Watch the video below to hear Minister for Education Grace Grace speak about this year's infrastructure investment.