The department manages an asset portfolio worth over $20 billion which includes:
- 1,254 state schools
- 193 secondary schools
- 922 primary schools
- 45 special schools
- 92 combined primary and secondary schools
- 2 specific purpose schools
- more than 35,000 learning spaces and support facilities.
- $1.9 billion has been invested for Queensland state schools
- $258 million has been allocated to maintenance
- 5 new schools are being prepared for 2021
- 3 new schools are being prepared for 2022.
This investment will benefit:
- over 578,000 full-time students
- over 53,000 teachers
- over 94,000 departmental employees
- 250 Independent Public Schools.
Fact sheets and resources