Compliments and complaints


​​​​​​Telling us when things go right or wrong helps us improve our services. If you have a compliment or complaint, we are keen to hear from you.


It’s great to know you had a positive experience. If someone deserves a compliment, you can let them know directly or you can pass your compliment on to us in the following ways:

  • completing the complaints and compliments form on the Queensland Government's contact us page
  • calling 13QGOV (13 74 68) within Australia
  • calling +61 7 3022 6100 (+10 hours UTC) for international callers
  • visiting one of the Queensland Government's counters​.


If something hasn’t gone well, we would like to hear about it. You can make a complaint by completing the form on the Queensland Government's contact us page or through the relevant process outlined below.

Customer ​complaints​

If you’re unhappy with the service or action of the department, or its staff, and you are directly affected by what has occurred, you can make a customer complaint.

If you are unhappy about something that occurred at a state school, you should first raise your issue with the school. The Schools Directory provides contact information. Alternatively, you can make a complaint by contacting Queensland Government on 13 74 68 or via the contact us page.

You can find more information on our customer complaints page or our customer complaints management procedure​.

Privacy com​plaints

If you believe we have breached your privacy or mismanaged your personal information, you can make a privacy complaint by emailing You can find more information in our information privacy breach and privacy complaints procedure​.

Employee grievances

If you are an employee of the department and you believe a department decision or the conduct or behaviour of another employee, agent or contractor is unfair and unreasonable, you can lodge an employee grievance.

You should first raise your grievance at the school or workplace level by completing the grievances submission form (DOCX, 88KB) linked to the individual employee grievances procedure.

You can find more information in the individual employee grievances procedure​.

Misconduct, cor​​rupt conduct and public interest disclosures

The following complaints or allegations should be emailed to

  • misconduct or corrupt conduct involving a departmental employee, including allegations of student harm
  • public interest disclosures about alleged wrongdoing or danger to the environment or safety of a person with a disability
  • complaints about the Director-General.

You can find more information in the reporting fraud and corruption procedure, complaints involving the public official (Director-General) procedure and making and managing a public interest disclosure procedure​.

Complaints by overseas st​​udents enrolled in an Education Queensland International (EQI) registered course

If you are a student enrolled in an EQI registered course, you can make a complaint about the service or action of EQI agents or homestay providers by contacting

You can find more information in the complaints and appeals – subclass 500 (schools) visa procedure​.

Complaints about E​arly Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) services

If you have a complaint about an early childhood service in Queensland, you can make a complaint by emailing the complaint form (PDF, 172KB) to

You can find more information on our contact us page or the ECEC complaints management policy​.​

Last updated 15 April 2024