As at 30 June 2022, we had:
- 94,636 employees or 75,267.1 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- 2.8% of the total workforce providing corporate services
- approximately 0.5% of the total FTE staff employed as senior officers, senior executive officers, miscellaneous workers or trainees
- a permanent retention rate of 93.4%.
No redundancy, early retirement or retrenchment packages were paid during the period.
Workforce profile data
|Total FTE for the Department of Education||75,267.1|
Target group data
|Aboriginal Peoples and Torres Strait Islander Peoples||2,508||2.7%|
|People with disability||4,905||5.2%|
|Culturally and Linguistically Diverse – Born overseas||1,672||1.8%|
|Culturally and Linguistically Diverse – Speak a language at home other than English (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages or Australian South Sea Islander languages)||2,512||2.7%|
|Women in Leadership Roles
- To ensure privacy, in tables where there are less than 5 respondents in a category, specific numbers should be replaced by <5.
- Women in Leadership Roles are considered those positions that are Senior Officer and equivalent and above.
Workforce by type of employment
|Casual and contract employees||4.0%|
Workforce by occupational group
- Employee numbers are based on quarter 2, 2022 Minimum Obligatory Human Resource Information (MOHRI) point-in-time data. MOHRI FTE data for fortnight ending 19 June 2022.
- Percentage total 99.9% rounded up to 100%.