Project update for the new Baringa school.
- A new state high school in the emerging Baringa (Caloundra South) community will open for Years 7 and 8 students for 2021.
- The school is located on the corner of Griffith Place and Baringa Drive, Baringa.
- Mr Matt Samson was appointed as the Foundation Principal of the new school in April 2020.
- Visit the school
Facebook page or
- FK Gardner and Sons was appointed as the building contractor in early 2020 to construct the new school.
- Construction of the school commenced in March 2020.
- The installation of structural steel frameworks and roof trusses for the administration building have been completed.
- The installation of wall frames for the food and hospitality centre have commenced.
- All concrete slabs for the technology building have been poured and the installation of wall frames and structural steel works are underway.
- External cladding and internal sheeting work for the groundsman shed have been completed and construction of the roof is well underway for the sports hall.
Local catchment area
Feedback on the proposed catchment area for the new high school in Baringa has now closed.
The feedback received will be considered as part of the finalisation of the school’s catchment area.
Once finalised, the catchment maps will be available via
To find out if your property is within the catchment, search the interactive map below.