Recovery Disaster and Emergency Response
If the event, either rising tide or sudden, has also impacted on the regional office location, then in addition to the above:
- Assess safety of regional staff.
- Assess the status of the regional office/s, noting BAS protocols.
- If any visible damage or potential hazards on the site, e.g. asbestos, engage BAS for site inspection.
- If required, consider closing the office and seeking an alternate operating location.
- If formed, regularly brief the Executive Response Controller, otherwise advise Emergency and School Security (E&SS) and the supervising ADG (State School Operations).
- Utilise the Communication Strategy.
- Monitor the regional staff from a welfare perspective.
- Implement the Regional Business Continuity Plan as required.
- If closure was necessary, re-open the regional office/s after conducting a suitability assessment and determining that it is safe to do so.
Emergency and School Security
- Phone: (07) 3034 6011 (disaster and emergency management)
- Phone: (07) 3034 6012 (disaster and emergency management)
- Phone: (07) 3034 6013 (school security)
- School Watch Phone: 13 17 88
Employee Assistance Program